Another Twitter Tip for ya… the art of the Re-Tweet (RT). Twitter is all about sharing and there’s no better way to share your goodies than via the Re-Tweet (i.e. by re-tweeting or re-posting something fabulous that one of your followers shared with you). anyone can re-post or re-tweet, however, getting your tweets picked-up and shared by your followers is somewhat of an art. Enter the art of the Re-Tweet and 9 proven ways to help you get re-tweeted (thanks to FastCompany for this one and my cool, Twitter pal @Gypsybandito and Yes, I did re-tweet this!))
Fast Company has shared some fabulous research done on this topic by Dan Zarella in this article, I suggest you give it a read and take into consideration some of the awesome tips the author shares. Dan tells us if you want to get Re-Tweeted you should consider:
- sharing links and definitely use a URL shortener, but not just any shortening app!
- consider using some very re-tweetable words
- avoid least re-tweetable “ing” words
- use syllables and be smart
- avoid the semi-colon!
- Use nouns man!
- Don’t cuss and stiffle your emotions
- Friday afternoon is prime time!
See the article HERE and please, Re-Tweet details of this blog posting!