Once again, a Friday release of my 7 cool / useful things… several techy / geeky resources that I’m pleased to share. this week’s 7 Cool Things include: Yahoo! Mobile for iPhone, Snap2Twitter, Social Location, Twit2Go, PhoDroid, Voyager GIS data index.
1. iPhone App of the day – Yahoo! Mobile for iPhone was officially launched during the Sping CTIA event and provides an awesome, much improved mobile experience for iPhone users. The service is available as a web app or as an iPhone application. This app provides an idea mobile gateway for custom bookmarks, local search, and web discovery. See more here or simply hit http://new.m.yahoo.com from your mobile client.
2. Blackberry app of the day – Just announced today, Snap2Twitter is a clever photo sharing app for blackberry (available in the spanky, new Blackberry app store). Snap2Twitter application is designed specifically for consumers who want to use their BlackBerry smartphone to post pictures to their Twitter. See more Here
3. S60 App of the day – Social Location widget (SoLo) from Plusmo is fresh off the development workbench, having been created this past week from scratch during the nokia hackathon competition held inn conjunction with the Nokia Developer event in Monaco (apparently my invite got mis-placed this year… go figure!) SoLo harnesses thelocation provisioning enabled via S60 5 devices like the coming soon nokia N97 (aka. the soon – to-be flagship device for nokia). This application enables users to connect with their facebook and Twitter contacts to see what they are doing and where they are. See more Here or check out Plusmo.com
4. Google G1 (Android) App of the day – Twit2Go is a fine application available via the Android market enabling Android device users to Twitter from their device. Some details… The best features of this app though are the inclusion of “take a picture” or “add a picture from gallery, the selected photo is then attached to your tweet and sent to twitpic – nice! Overall this is an excellent application, perhaps one of the best Android Twitter client I’ve used. See more in this article
5. Tweet of the day – from @ManoMarksYes, that’s right, goats at Google:http://tinyurl.com/cgq7y9
6. Twitter Add-on of the day – PhoDroid http://phodroid.com/ is a photo sharing add-on designed to accompany Twitdroid application. Using Twitdroid you can easily Tweet and share your photos.
7. Free GIS Data Pick of the day – not exactly a data download point but rather, a clever web service for GIS Data discovery. Using a clever web UI the service enables uses to quickly search for GIS documents, datasets, web services and other relevant data… I’ll be curious to see where this one goes! download and install this app to crawl and index your local data directory or See http://voyagergis.com/ or jump to a demo Here
Finally, my #followfriday Tweet that went out today: Just a few followers I’d like to say cheers to on #followfriday @Brady @mapsRus @dan_gilmartin @mikehogan @TeleAtlas