Once again, a Friday release of my 7 cool / useful things… several techy / geeky resources that I’m pleased to share:
My 7 Cool Things Of The Day – SimulTravel, Basic Print, LifeAssist, Wertago, Twellow, and Montana GIS
- iPhone App of the day – SimulTravel for iPhone – The new Simultravel GPS iPhone application locates hotels within the desired area, displays pricing information, and enables instant conversation with a live travel agent at the tap of a screen. Available for just 99 cents.
- Blackberry app of the day – Cortado Basic Print – the app establishes a bridge between BlackBerry smartphones and Bluetoothr enabled photo printers.
- S60 App of the day – LifeAssist, an innovative “Man Down” tracking application. Complete with GPS tracking, motion tracking, elementary signs-of-life check, biofeedback, remote camera activation, battery monitoring, and a voice-based interface.
- Google G1 (Android) App of the day – Wertago is a clever mobile application for nightlifers wanting to get up-to-the-second information about what venues are hot, share content and influence the social scene and view details on a map
- Tweet of the day – From conservative Twitterer @ rmaynard: News: Obama declares that the $700+Billion Stimulus Plan saved 25 jobs in Columbus, OH. That’s $28B per job saved, yeah!!!
- Twitter Add-on of the day – Twellow is a tool designed to help you connect with people that interest you. Simply key in a search term, then browse the results. Twitter users are presented to you based on you search term.
- Free GIS Data Pick of the day – Montana GIS Clearinghouse. Select data from a list of available GIS data layers or simply bundle up data using the bundler application.
Finally, my #followfriday Tweet that went out today: Just a few followers I’d like to say cheers to on #followfriday @WOMWorldNokia @fastcompany @nokconv @ourfounder @TheSteve0 @biz @mike_elgan