A colleague contacted me in search of someone to help and advise on automated collection and processing of new street location data (vector and imagery) – interested? Contact me (glenn at gisuser dot com) for more information and I’ll put you in touch with the company directly
Archives for July 28, 2008
Oh those travel tales… they just get better all the time! Here’s a story about a trip that a colleague of mine experienced this past week-end, he describes it as his nightmare outline (for the 2008 record book):
– 10 hours in the air yesterday
– hour circling JFK (3pm-4pm)
– hour flying to Syracuse (4pm-5pm)
– Stuck on airport runway, waiting (5pm-9pm) Just when you thought it was getting ridiculous, they made them sit on the runway in Syracuse for something like SIX hours. Nobody could get off the plane.
– Flew to JFK last night (9pm-10pm), keep in mind they’re pushing 18 hours on-board or something. All JFK flights were finished.
– Then spent FOUR MORE HOURS in line (10pm-2am), trying to arrange alternate transpo. – When he finally got the counter, they told him the next flight would be at NOON TODAY (Monday). Four hours for ridiculous news like that.
– explaining that they’re making everyone sit there until noon.
– Then as of 4:30am EST, taking a cab to Penn Station to (at least try to) finish off the trip with a three hour train ride to BWI.
– Total nightmare, over 29 straight hours stuck in either a plane, cab, train, or waiting area—all as a result of airport delays/problems, etc. A new record, at least for 2008!